Sam I am

Sam I am
Sam I am

She is Pecan

She is Pecan
She is Pecan

Hi Shelly

Hi Shelly
Hi Shelly

Oh my Sherman

Oh my Sherman
Oh my Sherman

Home alone..

Mummy left me home alone today. Unlike the usual times, she decided to take a big leap of trust and chose to leave me home alone outside my crate. Well, mummy had always wanted to do this as she felt really bad when I was crated for a long period of time. I would usually just lick my paws when I'm bored, so mummy and daddy would come back to a dog with really wet paws. Daddy, being the paranoid parent he is, wanted to try it only when he was sure that the whole house was dog-proofed (e.g. no treats that I could reach, no wires that I could destroy, blah blah blah). Luckily, Mummy has more faith in me than Daddy did and decided to give it a try while Daddy's out of town!

Thankfully, Mummy was pretty thoughtful. She removed the door of my crate, placed it at a comfortable location (so that I would at least have a safe haven to go to), removed Daddy's PS3 controllers (Just in case...), covered the transformer with a pillow and pretty much cleared the room of treats that were previously within my reach. She also left a couple of kong toys (stuffed with yummy treats) and hid a handful of treats in several hiding places within the living room to entertain me. Before she left, she made an effort to secure the puppy/child gate that serves to 'contain' me within the living room.

Boy did Mummy get a surprise when she got home. Smart little me managed to figure a way to open the gate and made my way to the main door to give Mummy a warm welcome! Hee, best of all, I did not disappoint mummy a bit and kept the living room as clean and neat as she left me with. ^_^ Of course, I was elated to see mummy home and being able to greet her at the door sure was fun. Now I finally understand what my doggy friends mean when they say they like to give their owners a warm welcome kiss when they walk through the door! Cos I did it today!

All in all, I'm really proud of meself for being able to earn Mummy's trust and be a real good boy when I'm left alone, crateless. At least now I can enjoy the night view while waiting for my loved ones to return home to me...

No comments